Circular Economy Symposium (CES)
Our global economy has since long relied on a ‘linear fashion economic model’ - based on assumptions that there are large unlimited supplies, easily accessible raw material and energy sources. Disposal is usually the end step while creating a product which has caused a severe global sustainability challenge. There is a growing need for material, water and energy because of both population growth and increased demand determining that an alternative economic model was needed to reduce waste, reuse precious and limited resources and shift towards renewables. No longer could the focus be on meeting the needs of the present at the expense of future generations.
Circular Economy, in such a scenario, through its innovative business models, serves as an alternative to a traditional linear economy (make, use, dispose) in which we keep resources in use for as long as possible, extract the maximum value from them whilst in use, then recover and regenerate products and materials at the end of each service life. In this context, adopting the principles of Circular Economy could help organizations decouple resource requirements from growth aspirations.
FICCI in year 2017 contemplated the idea of constituting a platform – the Circular Economy Symposium (CES) with an objective to mainstream discussion and action on Circular Economy.
In continuation, the next edition held in 2018 witnessed showcasing of innovative strategies and practices that will enable the Indian Economy to achieve sustainable economic growth through circularity.
Circular Economy models can radically help Indian businesses in creating Sustainable Value. At the crux of it, there is a need to create an ecosystem that fosters knowledge sharing and rewards the spirit of innovation.
- Digital technology – Driver for Circular Economy
- Industry Deep Dives: Vehicle dismantling/recycling, C&D waste, Plastic waste
- Transition towards Circular Economy: Opportunities & Challenges
- Showcasing best practices around the globe
- Increased understanding to unleash business potential of Circular Economy
- Increased capacity for the delivery and promotion of Circular solutions
- Increased multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Increased understanding of how new technologies and digitization are changing the face of the future of economic development
- Best practice knowledge exchange
- Increased awareness of advanced technologies that can impact material/resource efficiency
Partnership Opportunities for CES 2020
- Leadership Demonstration – showcase your commitment to sustainable development
- Opportunity to conceptualize and conduct special sessions on circular economy and be the drivers to bring change
- Gain recognition amongst the global gathering of Circular Economy enthusiasts. CES is endorsed by MoEFCC, DST and NITI Aayog
- Network with global leaders, highest level policy makers from Central as well as state governments and key value chain actors
- Brand positioning and visibility
- Access to remarkable change makers in India